“A child’s bridge from challenges today to achievements tomorrow.”
Where can I get help?
*Phones are answered 24 / 7
Montgomery County Youth Services and our commitment to youth and their families
At MCYS we are committed to working with youth and their families through human services and mental health programs. MCYS was established in 1979 by a group of community leaders who developed juvenile justice prevention services for at-risk youth in the community. MCYS obtained their not-for-profit 501 (c) (3) status in September 1979.
Services available to youth and families:
Conflict in the home, runaways, peer pressure, self-esteem issues, school issues, behavior, grief and divorce, homelessness, abuse, neglect, violence, crisis / emergency intervention, decisions
The agency's seven locations provide direct and indirect services to thousands of youth and families annually.
MCYS has strong collaborative relationships with community agencies, businesses, churches and school districts.
Our vision is to be a child's bridge from challenges today to achievements tomorrow.
Governing Principles of MCYS
Montgomery County Youth Services provides crisis counseling, shelter programs, and prevention services to strengthen families, keep youth in school, and prepare them to be productive citizens.
We seek to empower youth and their families by building on their existing strengths, expanding their opportunities, and enhancing their lives.
• Provide and implement effective, essential, and quality child and youth-centered programs.
• Value employees as our most important resource and as such, continually create opportunities for professional growth and development.
• Enhance financial diversity and viability to assure future operations and growth.
• Act with integrity, stewardship, and leadership in agency and community partnerships.
• Value stakeholders and clients by striving for excellence and accountability in everything we do.
MCYS is organized into two primary, interrelated entities to facilitate the effective delivery of needed services: